Friday, January 20, 2012

Buffalo Springfield: Mr. Soul.


"Mr. Soul" is a song written by Canadian rock musician Neil Young, and first recorded by Buffalo Springfield and released on their second album, Buffalo Springfield Again. It was originally recorded on January 9, 1967 at Atlantic Studios, New York with an additional recording on April 4, 1967. Awesome! To see a young Neil Young, jamming with a smile..


 
Released: 30 October 1967
Recorded: January–September 1967, Los Angeles, California
Genre: Folk rock, rock, psychedelic rock
Length: 34:07
Label: Atco
Producer: Richie Furay, Jack Nitzsche, Stephen Stills, Neil Young

Paul2 said... I think Steve's best post Springfield pre CSN is Supersession on Columbia (LP is now on Sundazed) with Al Kooper and Mike Bloomfield. Does a killer version of Dylan's" It Takes A lot to Laugh But It Takes A Train To Cry".

7 comments:

Paul 2 said...

Cool, from the good old Hollywood Palace TV show on ABC. Love watching Steve Stills go ape. Man I love this band

Dawn said...

Looks like Steven Stills, is doing the.. moonwalk. :) I also had a couple of his albums.

Paul 2 said...

I think Steve's best post Springfield pre CSN is Supersession on Columbia (LP is now on Sundazed) with Al Kooper and Mike Bloomfield. Does a killer version of Dylan's" It Takes A lot to Laugh But It Takes A Train To Cry". Wonder if it's on You Tube?

Dawn said...

I have never heard of it.. I will look and see if I can find it on youtube.

Paul 2 said...

Dawn I see you found it. Well what do you think?

Dawn said...

I wanted to make sure that I had the song you were referring to, before commenting. :)

Stills, guitar and harmony are Awesome!! I have never heard this song or album. You-tube has more songs from the album.. I can not wait to listen to them over the next couple of days.

Paul 2 said...

Dawn, on the Lp Mike Bloomfield is on side one and Steve is on side two. This is a real late 60's classic album. Check out Mikes's Season Of The Witch.